Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer's Almost Done!!

  Wow. So remember how I promised to post more? That didn't exactly happen, did it?
  Anyway, summer's almost done. My life has been a strange combination of reading, Met class, writing, vacationing, watching TV, and sleeping.
  I recently finished reading The Great Gatsby. My verdict? It was meh. As in, it wasn't too good. I know, I know, it's a classic, but after reading Les Miserables, my standards have been set kinda high. Most of the characters in Gatsby were really despicable, so it was hard to get completely interested in the plot. Hey, but that's just my opinion. I want to see the movie when I get a chance so I can compare.
  Now I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath. Yeah, I guess I'm kinda into classics at the moment. I'm on page 100, and I really like it so far. So that's good.
  Just got back from Washington D.C. a couple days ago. Now I'm just chilling out, and waiting excitedly for the new season of Downton Abbey to come out (even though it's not till January, I think). I've gotten pretty into Castle, you know, the mystery show. Can't wait for the new season!
  School starts in three weeks, so I'm trying to enjoy summer while it lasts. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment