Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Racoon

  Got back from a mini vacation with Mom and Dad earlier today. We spent a few days at this really nice hotel in Greenport. Our room had two flatscreen TVs and an outdoor deck.
  So yeah, it was pretty nice. The only part that wasn't nice was when my parents and I were going to the pool outside of the hotel yesterday, and my dad spotted a racoon perched on the fence. Now, you have to realize that this was during the day, and racoons are nocturnal, so my parents quickly realized that there was something wrong with this one.
  He was just sitting on the fence staring at us, and not moving at all, so my parents and I went inside and told the lady at the front desk of the hotel, who guessed that the racoon had rabies. She called the police and they came to help. One of the officers sprayed some water on the racoon in order to scare it off, which worked, but it just came back a few minutes later.
  This repeated for quite awhile, until eventually the racoon didn't come back anymore. It's amazing what one little swim can turn into.

No comments:

Post a Comment